SUPPORTING CLIENTS ON OIL & GAS INSTALLATIONS, SHIPPING VESSELS & OFFSHORE ASSETS
MindSafety have a specialist team of Principal Safety Coaches, who are part of our training team but are familiar and experienced with offshore life and have the required credentials to work with teams on offshore installations.
Flexible with shift patterns, delivery times and team engagements, the MindSafety offshore Principal Coach provides a valuable presence with by continually promoting safe working practice in real time and coaching team members & individual operatives, positively reinforcing the MindSafety ‘key messages’ & core principals. Repetition through continual coaching helps create new habits and embeds the new behaviours into the site safety culture so it becomes ‘second nature’. This all happens in real time on the assets, providing a visible and approachable point of contact, helping the teams with implementation in their own work environment.
TYPICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE MINDSAFETY OFFSHORE PRINCIPAL SAFETY COACH
1. Arrival meeting with the OIM to plan out timings of presentations & team engagement opportunities.
2. Present twice each day the 2-hour MindSafety ‘Head Turning’ event to team members.
3. Conduct site tours with team members in their working environment.
4. Assess the current culture & perceptions about safety of the installation/vessel while conducting tours.
5. Attend team meetings, briefs & Tool Box Talks.
6. Offer coaching & engagement techniques to those involved in the preparation & delivery of these sessions.
7. Continually positively reinforce the MindSafety Key Messages & core principals throughout the visit.
8. Identify potential safety coaches from team members.
9. One-to-One coaching to any crew member from OIM down that requests it.
10. Continual safety coaching & the promotion of a positive language shift throughout the visit.
11. Keeping a concise Daily Diary account of the offshore visit.
12. Sharing of the Daily Diary with relief MindSafety coach upon shift hand over.
OIM Feedback- Claymore Offshore Asset
“Our journey to become a high performing asset with respect to safety behaviours has started well.
Mark from MindSafety has been inspirational with his excellent training techniques; – he can really engage and has got people’s attention at all levels of our organisation offshore.
I have been working in the industry for 25 years plus and have attended many different safety workshops. None of these have got my attention the way the MindSafety sessions have. It’s very humbling and I have learned a lot about my safety leadership style, human behaviours and why people react differently to certain situations. For years I really struggled with this aspect of leadership, – not now!
But above all the simple (but powerful) behavioural techniques you have shared with my team really do work in prevention of accidents. Everyone is talking about it and we have a new positive energy about the place. We have just started this journey and I have high confidence that the intervention we have made, with the help of MindSafety, will prevent accidents and make a huge contribution to my teams’ safety and wellbeing.
As a manager of a very busy site I cannot thank MindSafety enough for the help and excellent commitment.”
THE MINDSAFETY OFFSHORE SUPPORT TEAM
All our Principal Safety Coaches have offshore experience, many having served roles within the offshore industry prior to joining MindSafety.
All our offshore coaches have up to date medicals and BOSIET training.
To inquire about our offshore support services, please complete and submit the following Form.