SUPPORTING CLIENTS ON OIL & GAS INSTALLATIONS, SHIPPING VESSELS & OFFSHORE ASSETS
MindSafety have a specialist team of Principal Safety Coaches, who are part of our training team but are familiar and experienced with offshore life and have the required credentials to work with teams on offshore installations.
Flexible with shift patterns, delivery times and team engagements, the MindSafety offshore Principal Coach provides a valuable presence with by continually promoting safe working practice in real time and coaching team members & individual operatives, positively reinforcing the MindSafety ‘key messages’ & core principals. Repetition through continual coaching helps create new habits and embeds the new behaviours into the site safety culture so it becomes ‘second nature’. This all happens in real time on the assets, providing a visible and approachable point of contact, helping the teams with implementation in their own work environment.
TYPICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE MINDSAFETY OFFSHORE PRINCIPAL SAFETY COACH
1. Arrival meeting with the OIM to plan out timings of presentations & team engagement opportunities.
2. Present twice each day the 2-hour MindSafety ‘Head Turning’ event to team members.
3. Conduct site tours with team members in their working environment.
4. Assess the current culture & perceptions about safety of the installation/vessel while conducting tours.
5. Attend team meetings, briefs & Tool Box Talks.
6. Offer coaching & engagement techniques to those involved in the preparation & delivery of these sessions.
7. Continually positively reinforce the MindSafety Key Messages & core principals throughout the visit.
8. Identify potential safety coaches from team members.
9. One-to-One coaching to any crew member from OIM down that requests it.
10. Continual safety coaching & the promotion of a positive language shift throughout the visit.
11. Keeping a concise Daily Diary account of the offshore visit.
12. Sharing of the Daily Diary with relief MindSafety coach upon shift hand over.
All our Principal Safety Coaches have offshore experience, many having served roles within the offshore industry prior to joining MindSafety.
All our offshore coaches have up to date medicals and BOSIET training.
To inquire about our offshore support services, please complete and submit the following Form.